- "This administration has engaged in a troubling pattern of trying to rule by executive fiat."
- Legislative powers are entrusted to Congress, not the Executive Branch.
- "I think we have to be prepared...to shut the government down if we don't get some serious policies to stop the out of control spending."
- If there is no action [on the debt ceiling], the result will be that 40 percent of Federal Government spending will stop.
- Kudlow: The debt ceiling "can be a very important bargaining tool."