Listening to Erica Greider, Author of Big, Hot, Cheap, and Right: What America can learn from the Strange Genius of Texas
Obviously, big and hot explain themselves.
- Creating almost half of the country's jobs by ourselves.
- People are voting with our feet to move here.
- Some of the lowest cost of living in America.
- The policy aspects of the Texas Model are replicable
- Our geographical position is not.
- Energy industry jobs only account for 2-3% of the new jobs in Texas this past year.
- Culturally, skepticism about Government runs much deeper in Texas than other parts of America.
- The Texas Model works very well; tweak it, perhaps, but don't mess with the broad outline.
- That being said, our educational system can stand some improvement.
- Apparently, at the beginning of the Civil War, Sam Houston was making plans to have Texas secede from the Confederacy!!!
- Me: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME!!!