Sen. Ted Cruz just finished speaking at the TPPF policy orientation.
What happened in November?!?
- November 6th was a very ugly day.
- This election was not a popular affirmation of Obama policy.
- Republicans didn't make the argument
- 47% encapsulated the narrative of this election; Romney made a fatal mistake in writing them off instead of speaking to them about uplifting themselves.
- Opportunity Conservatism -- Talk about policy in terms of economic ascent.
- Conservative economic policies make people's lives better.
- The policies of the Left have "wreaked devastation" on minorities and the poor.
- "School Choice is about giving poor kids the same options as rich kids."
- Big Business does great with Big Government.
- The rich do just fine in socialist countries; you just don't see new rich people.
- Small Business is the biggest threat to big business.
- Texas is America on Steroids.
- People don't necessarily connect the policy environment of Texas with our economic success.
- "It is my goal to make the Texas Legislature's job much more difficult."
- "The only hope of have any sort of policy shift between now and 2014 is to maximize our few point of leverage to maximize policy concession."
- Divided Government -- Whoever owns the default has the advantage.
- "THE DEBT CEILING DEBATE HAS ZERO TO DO WITH DEFAULT ON THE FEDERAL DEBT."
- With a backbone, we can extract meaningful concessions on spending and growth.