Governor Rick Perry spoke at the Texas Public Policy Foundation policy orientation today; the video should be up shortly, but in the meantime here are the highlights:
- To the Texas Legislature: "You can ride into infamy...with how you deal with the Texas Budget over the next 138 days.
- Just because Texas has a little more money doesn't mean everyone can "spend whatever they want on everything anyone might want.:
- Higher Education Reform -- Affordability and Higher Graduation rates.
- "We can have the best infrastructure and workforce, but if government restricts the economic climate, that doesn't matter."
- Me: AMEN!!!
- Texas needs to maintain "an environment where entrepreneurs can risk their capital and achieve a decent rate of return."
- The contrast between Washington D.C. and Texas Speaks for itself.
- Gave an extended plug for the Texas Budget Compact.