Last week, we linked to this article on 'coercive Federalism.' Today, we sat in on a panel on the same topic. Many of the examples they cited were Medicaid related. Here are the highlights:
- There isn't one example of the Federal government making Medicaid better or cheaper; Federal intrusion into Medicaid invariably leads to Higher Costs and Lower Quality.
- Medicaid has grown because of Federal Mandates.
- Center for Medicaid Services always piles bad regulations on top of whatever bad laws Congress writes.
- Obamacare "made a lot of things worse."
- Federal Money with strings "is one of the ways the Feds are taking over state governments."
- This is an insidious way to nationalize the standards of uncompetitive states.
- The Federal government is running deficits for the states.