"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice;"
Proverbs 29:2 (a)
[Author's note: We apologize for the video quality; cell phone camera, bad lighting, etc....]
Dallas, TX -- Earlier this evening, Texas Lieutenant Governor candidate Dan Patrick spoke to the Texas delegation at the Americans for Prosperity Defending the American Dream Conference:
First off, Peggy Venable of AFP Texas introduced Patrick:
- "We are headed for trouble if we don't reign in local government spending and debt."
- "We know in Texas we've gone a long way, but we've also got a long way to go."
- "We have to make sure we're engaged in local politics and local policymaking also."
- "We already have school choice in Texas: If you're rich enough you send your kid to private school, if you're mobile enough you move to the suburbs."
- "Nobody moves to the suburbs because they want to sit in traffic."
- #TXSEN will kill 2/3rds rule.
- "Last year we spent $53 billion in Texas on education."
- Texas education spending: $38 billion in 1997, $53 billion today....
- "If I'm Lieutenant Governor, there will not be a budget that passes the Senate without serious property tax relief, short term, medium term, and long term."
- They owe their success to us activists!!!