"Now the children of Benjamin gathered together behind Abner and became a unit, and took their stand on top of a hill. "
2 Samuel 2:25
Ft. Worth -- Ten days ago, JoAnn Fleming, Michael Quinn Sullivan and Jim Graham spoke about how the conservative grassroots are coming together across Texas:
- Balkanization within the conservative movement (fiscal conservatives vs. social conservatives vs libertarians) is a tool of the establishment.
- The origin of the coalition was the recognition of common enemies.
- There's safety in numbers.
- JoAnn Fleming -- Texas spends too much, borrows too much, and relies to much on the Feds.
- 11th in the nation for dependence on Federal $$$
- 3 big enemies: Big Business, Big Government, Big Media
- Nothing is more frustrating that elected officials that are genuinely clueless.
- "The longer they stay, the worse they get."
- Jim Graham -- Every year there are 70,000 abortions in Texas
- That's the population of Temple.
- Alabama, Oklahoma pass 5 to 7 pro-life bills per session.
- Took out three of the most liberal Republicans in the Texas Senate the past two sessions.
- During the 84th: First Amendment Tuesday every week.
- The real fight isn't R vs. D; it's establishment vs. the rest of us.
- There's no principle of liberty on which you can defend corporate welfare.
- The lobbyists in Austin don't want a change in #TXLEGE leadership.
- A lot of the House members who are on the fence have district that overlap with the new Senators.