"Every one of the builders had his sword girded at his side as he built. And the one who sounded the trumpet was beside me."
The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission took public comment on its bizarre proposal to change the rules at gun shows; the fact that Open Carry Texas, C.A.T.I., and Moms Demand Action find themselves on the same side of this proposal tells you everything you need to know:
Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream
First things first, we should note the final tally of comments about the proposal:
- The Commission is claiming legislative authority it doesn't possess.
- When does "safety" become fascism?!?
- Nobody drinks alcohol at a gun show.
- The only person who spoke in favor of the rule change was the lobbyist for the person who requested it.
- Texas Carry has gotten 30,000+ responses; all opposed.
- "It's common sense that no one wants to attend a gun show that has no ammo."
- Texas Carry will ask for an injunction against the rule from the Attorney General.
- Author's Note: Hint, hint Ken....
- Open Carry Texas vehemently opposes rule.
- TABC is already too involved with guns (bars and gas stations)
- TABC modeling itself after Federal A.T.F.
- "Stick to alcohol and let the legislators stick to guns."
- If you can't transfer onsite, it hurts small retailers.
- Alexandra Chase from MDA:
- Called MDA pro-second amendment.
- Half of gun related homicides involve alcohol.
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- We can never prevent violence through law and regulation.