"Therefore by their fruits you will know them."
Ft. Worth -- Earlier this afternoon, Ken Paxton addressed the 2014 RedState Gathering:
- As soon as Obama came into office, #TXLEGE shifted from dealing with state issues to dealing with a lot of Federal stuff.
- "Texas has been under assault...because we've been successful."
- As a result, we've been under assault.
- Example of his constituent with the IRS: "I would have bankrupted the company defending myself, so I took the hit."
- Since Voter ID went into effect: "Three elections and turnout is up."
- As a result, the Feds are now suing us under another section of the Voting Rights Act.
- About Sam Houston (his opponent): "We have a history of dead Democrats voting in this state, but this is the first time they've actually run one!!!"