"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."
1 Timothy 2:3-4
U.S. District Courthouse, Austin TX -- This morning, a coalition of pro-abortion groups filed a last-ditch lawsuit to derail the pro-life law Texas passed last summer. The final provisions of the law, related to the Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) provisions, go into effect next month. When that happens, Texas will only have 6 abortion 'clinics' remaining.
As expected, both sides had a presence. Approximately 500 pro-lifers stood across the street from the courthouse, prayed, and sang worship songs. The pro-abortion crowd, by contrast, had thinned considerably, but those that remained were the hardest of the hardcore:
Far anyone who was at the Capitol last summer, this morning's event felt very similar. The biggest difference is that the contrast was 100 times starker. As good defeats evil, good becomes calmer while evil throws a temper tantrum.
This website regrets not collecting more footage of the prayer vigil, but Leah Brown of Texas Alliance for Life was gracious enough to share this video that she recorded:
During the last round of primaries/runoffs, this website had several high profile differences of opinion with TAL. That being said, following this morning's prayer vigil, they held a fantastic, informative pro-life briefing at the Capitol. From our notes:
- 5% of surgical abortions result in serious complications.
- 20% of pill abortions
- If it's done post miscarriage, Dilatation and Curettage procedures are only done in a hospital or ASC.
- Prior to the Texas Sonogram Law, Planned Parenthood protocols already required transvaginal ultrasounds; the difference is that now women have the right to see the the sonograms which they didn't have before.
- Sonogram law also requires the abortionist to personally counsel the woman seeking the abortion; when combined with the law's 24 hour waiting period, requires abortion 'clinics' to pay doctors to show up at least twice.
- Taxpayer funding, even if it doesn't directly fund abortions, subsidizes the rest of an abortion provider's operation.
- HB 2 - Prior to its passage, 1/3 of Texas Abortionists didn't have admitting privileges.
- There are currently 6, non-abortion related, ASC's in McAllen.
- Irony alert: Douglas Karpen is now performing plastic surgery!!!
- When doing sidewalk counseling outside clinics, it's a good idea to have And then there were none literature.
- Planned Parenthood does group 'informed' consent in Dallas; this is illegal under the sonogram law.
- In Ft. Worth, Planned Parenthood opened an abortion facility next to an adoption center.
- There are angles at which you can conduct an ultrasound where you can't make out features; Planned Parenthood does this all the time.
Finally, there's the pro-abortion people who showed up. To be honest, we don't want to give these people more oxygen than they deserve. There were only 25 of them, and they were clearly in pain. That being said, it's important for the public who these people are and what they're about (even with their dwindling numbers). It was like watching the Devil throw a temper tantrum.
Why I did not choose Adoption:
- I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooved my abortion.
- Women are not incubators.
- Fetuses are not babies.
Pro George Tiller #1:
Pro George Tiller #2:
[Author's Note: To learn more about George Tiller, click here.]
Abortion on Demand and without Apology:
Update (8/7/2014): We were bending over backwards not to associate the kooks above with Team Wendy or the Texas Democrats absent proof, but it looks like the Travis County Democrat Party had no such reservation....#HAILSATANTX!!!