"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice;"
Proverbs 29:2 (a)
ACL-Moody Theater -- Following Governor-elect Abbott's landslide win, outgoing Governor Perry, Senator Cruz, and Governor elect Abbott addressed a standing room only crowd in Austin.
- "Makin' a little bit of history tonight, you are."
- "When this group of young men and women finish their terms they've just won, it'll be a quarter of a century since there was a statewide elected Democrat in Texas...well done!!!"
- "I would love to have gotten the opportunity to have served with them incoming GOP statewide office holders."
- There are young people today in Texas who have jobs because of the public policies we've put in place.
- Hispanic higher ed rates up 118% since he's been Gov.
- "It has been great fun to be Governor of the state of Texas over these last 14 years."
- "Greg Abbott understand that to give people freedom...is a platform, is a foundation by which this state will continue to lead America."
- Run, Ted, Run!!!
- "Two years ago, national Democrats declared that Texas was their target, right now the Texas Democratic Party has 312 paid staffers...they may not have the money for the paycheck next week. Battleground Texas bragged that they have put in place 22,000 community organizers. And we know the damage a community organizer can do."
- "Liberal Democrats from outside of Texas flooded into this state vowing they would turn Texas Blue, and tonight the citizens of Texas answered a resounding answer...'DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!!!'
- "The Texas ethos, I will suggest to you, is give me a horse, a gun, and an open plain and we will conquer the world."
- Author's Note: As much as we love Senator Cruz, we are obliged to point out that you need a Bible BEFORE you use a horse, gun, or open plain.
- "There is a reason why a thousand people a day have been moving into the state of Texas...because FREEDOM WORKS!!!"
- Rick Perry = "A Strong principled governor under whom the state of Texas has gotten stronger and freer"
- Ted Cruz compliments Rick Perry!!! Oh my Gosh!!! How will the national media react?!?
- "I heard a rumor there was a Capitol maintenace man headed to Harry Reid's office now with a screwdriver and a new sign for the door."
- "If and when we re-take the majority nationally, it will be incumbent on Republicans to lead."
- "Now is the time to do everything possible to repeal Obamacare."
- "Now is the time to honor the tenth amendment and repeal Common Core!!!"
(Note: Abbott's comment's begin at 7:30 of the video)
- "The people of Texas have spoken and I am deeply honored to be your next governor!!!"
- "Whether you voted for me, against me, or didn't vote at all, I'm going to work every single day to make Texas the best state in the United States of America."
- Cecilia Abbott = First Hispanic First Lady of Texas.
- "Tonight, Texans sent a message...."
- "The opportunity to succeed should not be confined to just one side of town, it should be the birthright of every Texas child."
- "As Governor, I will keep Texas number one in the nation for creating jobs."
- "Texas understands that government is supposed to be the servant of the people and not the other way around."