"and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,"
First amendment Tuesday; it's certainly not boring!!!
Tony McDonald (Empower Texans) (Partial):
- Joe Straus doesn't care about conservative priorities.
- Every reform we're pursuing is opposed by someone whose livelihood depends on it.
- "From a day to day, bill to bill, perspective," lobbyists control the process.
Emily Kebodeaux/Jim Graham (Texas Right to Life), Tony McDonald (Reprise):
- We haven't heard a pro-Life bill on the floor yet.
- Explains Sunset process.
- J.D. Sheffield's five minute diatribe about how unborn babies had to be "dealt with" was complimented by Planned Parenthood.
- Four Price pulled the bill to protect Straus from having to overrule Trey Martinez Fischer's point of order.
- Cuts off members from being able to overrule Straus
- 2 hearings later this week.
- "Not one regular pro-Life bill has passed in Texas since 2003."
- Songram and HB 2 only passed because Rick Perry put his foot down.
- House only hearing watered down pro-Life bills; Senate has only heard one pro-Life bill period.
- Texas' national pro-Life ranking is falling.
- 600 bills have passed a chamber, only one on either life or 2A: "That's what they really think of the Republican platform."
- In the 570 days between now and next session, 120,000 babies will be killed if the legislature fails to act now.
- "If we do not win in the next 5 weeks, it is incumbent upon us to change the players on the field."
- SB 1543 by Perry has passed.
- Tebow bill had hearing in Senate.
- Parental rights bill has had hearing in both chambers.
- Oppose HB 742 by Huberty.
- Marriage bills in Calendars.
- Todd Hunter's red card/green card system is their way of blowing us off.