"and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,"
Eventful First Amendment Tuesday this morning:
Tony McDonald (Empower Texans):
- Craddick previously fired a parliamentarian.
- Stickland's amendment is germane.
- 10 members can appeal the ruling of the chair.
- If they kill constitutional carry, hold them accountable.
- HB 3704 by Drew Springer -- Bad Bill (at least in its current form)
- Death Panels redux
- Bill has 5 GLARING "exceptions.
- "We're up against big medicine."
- Tan Parker attempting to pass pro-life consensus bills.
- Beware "caption-only" messaging bills.
- 1 solid bill that makes it's way through the process can save 10,000 to 20,000 lives annually.
- You can meet with members outside the House chamber.
- "We don't know what the Supreme court is going to do on the marriage issue."
- Bill filed yesterday on religious freedom issue.
- HB 2801 up tomorrow in state affairs: Keep bathrooms to your birth gender.
- Author's note: SIGH...how is this even an issue?!?
- American laws for American courts pending in committee.
- HB 1835 -- Good toll road bill.
- Tolling existing roads is double taxation.
- EMP protection bill hearing tomorrow.