"A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children,
But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous."
With a pension reform bill scheduled for a hearing later today, supporters held a press conference this morning:
- Restore local control of pensions.
- Author's Note: This is real local control, not the phony type of 'local control' the taxpayer funded lobbyist crowd likes to throw around.
- Pension review process not changed.
- Houston has $5 billion in unfunded liabilities.
- Houston liabilities would require 50% tax hikes to cover.
- TPPF supports the bill.
- You need reform at the state level before cities can even start their own reform process.
- Texas currently has second largest local govt. debt in the country.