"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."
(Update 4/9/2015) -- Watchdog has more here.
U.T. System Headquarters -- This afternoon, the U.T. Board of Regents held a special called meeting to discuss requests made by Wallace Hall in relation to the Kroll Report. Regent Hall was seeking to see records the Kroll team used and to discuss those records with Kroll. While the post-Abbott appointee board denied most of his requests, Wallace Hall's dogged pursuit of the U.T. politburo was marvelous to witness firsthand.
- Politburo says a new contract would be needed for Wallace Hall to meet with Kroll.
- McRaven: "I had my opportunity to adjudicate the [Kroll] report."
- Author's Note: And you did nothing.
- Hall: Kroll Report "remains, in my mind, a source of confusion."
- "I seek to inform myself, ask questions, and gain a fuller understanding of this matter."
- Shorter Steve Hicks: Shut up and listen to the Chancellor.
- Cranberg: Not a close call; don't block any regent from seeking information.
- New admissions policy at next meeting.
- No opportunity to ask Kroll directly.
- Hall: Offer McRaven claims to have made never happened, would have said yes if offered.
- McRaven: Kroll report is closed.
- Attempts to obfuscate Cranberg's point.
- Hall: There were several other categories of holds he didn't know about.
- U.T. wasn't under contract with Kroll in relation to Van Taylor's question.
- Hall: Follow-up is a regular part of a business relationship.
- Need for another contract is U.T.'s position, not Kroll's.
- Shorter McRaven:
- Shorter Paul Foster: Shut up and listen to the chancellor.
- Beck: Regents can't ask for meetings with third parties.
- Hall: Regents asking questions is not an investigation.- I don't know what's in there till I read it.
- Why wouldn't you give a member of the board the same treatment you gave to a member of the legislature?!?
- Foster: All of your inquiries are an investigation.
- Hall: I tried to do this in the past and was rebuffed.
- "I don't know what we're afraid of."
- Tucker: Something, something, clarifying questions, something, something digging deeper.
- Hall: "I don't know what documents exist, that's the dilemma."
- Foster: I don't know there's a need to continue asking questions.