"Every one of the builders had his sword girded at his side as he built. And the one who sounded the trumpet was beside me."
Texas State Capitol -- Brent Mayes spoke at a rally last weekend:
- "It's uncommon for government to give us back part of our constitutional rights which they have taken away from us."
- "Today, we've partially gotten those rights back."
- "We're still encumbered by a tax."
- "As of today, only California, Florida, Illinois, New York, and South Carolina deny that right [open carry] in any form; I don't know about you, but anything that separates Texas from California, New York, and Illinois I'm for."
- "I come to the fight late, but I come with passion; I pledge to you that if elected in Senate District 24 I will do everything within my power to take that ball the next step and pass Constitutional Carry next year."
- "We can no longer afford to have soft targets and gun-free zones."
- "An armed citizenry is a safe citizenry."