But when a wicked man rules, the people groan."
Lt. Governor Patrick spoke to WFAA last weekend about his priorities next session:
- Abbott's Con Con -- "In general, I support the concept."
- School Choice - "One of my highest priority items."
- Similar to the Nevada plan
- State portion is portable with the student, school districts keep their portion.
- Property Taxes - Local governments need to stay under population + inflation.
- Lower threshold for rollback elections.
- Author's Note: The taxpayer-funded lobbyists will pull out all the stops to derail this.
- "I don't want anyone in the House this time standing up and screaming people don't care about property taxes."
- "Whatever it takes, I'm going to do everything I can to reduce your property taxes."