"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
[Author's Note: BevoBeat has A LOT more here.]
THIS is why he needed another year:
- Whole team joined in effort.
- One recruit played a prank on Malik Jefferson by pretending to decommit
- "We had 32 players take official visits here and we sat 24 of 'em."
- "A lot of these student athletes, it's all about academics for them."
- "The #1 thing for them is to get a degree."
- A bunch of guys on offense are already on campus."
- Shane Buchele has two sisters at O.U.
- Kyle Porter - "Don't even call me until you're ready to commit."
- Jordan Elliot - "6'3", 322!!!"
- Chris Brown - "The thing I like about you is you have a chip on your shoulder."
- "We know we had to put together a good class."
- "Today was a big step forward for our program."
- "We've just got to continue to work and continue to build it."
- "I'm gonna ridin' ya until you tell me don't call me anymore."
- Buchele: "He's going to have a chance to compete."
- QB: "Is going to be a very competitive position."
- Heading into next season, the Longhorns had big holes to fill on Offensive line, Defensive Line, and Secondary; this class fills those needs.
- In addition to filling those needs, this class built depth at almost every position group.
- The one position group where depth is lacking is tight end; we still think Tyrone Swoopes fills the bill.
- They're STACKED at the QB position. Heard has three years of eligibility left and Buchele is on campus. Sam Erhlinger is a year away.
- We'd rather be where the Longhorns are than where either the Aggies or the Cowboys are.