“And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write,
‘These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: “I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent."
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. May, 18 2014:
- Identification (v. 18):
A. The City
- Trade Unions/Purple Dye
- Acts 16:14
- The Son of God.
- The ONLY time in the Book of Revelation Jesus refers to Himself this way.
- Eyes like a flame of fire (Purging)
- His feet like fine brass.
- Many times in the Bible, brass is associated with Judgement.
- Commendation (v. 19):
- Exhortation (vv. 20-21):
- John 3:19-20
- Throughout chs. 2&3 of Revelation, there is a progressive worsening of the spiritual condition of the seven Churches.
- Longest letter is to the smallest city.
- God doesn't worry about size the way we do.
- God wants us in fellowship in a local Church.
- If we name the name of Christ, God holds us to a higher standard.
- "Christ is extremely honest, straight-forward, bold, offensive, and intolerant."