"Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.
“Now to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, who have not known the depths of Satan, as they say, I will put on you no other burden. But hold fast what you have till I come. And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—
‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron;
They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels—
as I also have received from My Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star.
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. May 25, 2014:
- Retribution (vv. 22-23) - Morally correct, fully deserved, punishment
- Galatians 6:7
- Command (v. 25)
- Hold onto what you have until He comes
- Stay focused on Jesus
- Sometimes God uses tough times to build up our spiritual reserves so we can live for Him.
- Promises (vv. 24, 26-28)
A. No other burden
B. Power over the nations
- Psalm 2:8-9
C. The Morning Star
- Jesus warns that He will go so far as to take the lives of those who commit sexual immorality within the Church.
- "Live like you wanna live" is a popular type of 'Christianity,' but it ain't the Biblical kind.
- Jesus calls this Jezebelian heresy "the depths of Satan."
- "You can't practice Christianity without...being in a local Church.
- There's been corruption and immorality in the Church since the beginning of the Church.
- God takes it PERSONALLY.
- Those who persevere with reign with Christ in the Millennial kingdom.
- "Eager anticipation of future glory with the Lord of Glory will help you through some inglorious times here on Earth."
- God says, if you stay faithful with Him, that in the end you will win.