"He who speaks truth declares righteousness,
But a false witness, deceit."
Ken Paxton appeared on Mark Davis' radio show yesterday and addressed the ethics charges Team Branch has been lobbing:
- Won 19 of top 20 GOP counties in Texas
- Author's Note: Travis was the only exception; we need to step up our game!!!
- On 'ethics' charges: "We always take everything seriously."
- First Issue: Addressed it with the Securities board; they resolved it in two weeks.
- His firm had failed to file certain paperwork in previous years.
- Second Issue: Personal financial statement.
- He overlooked certain charities where he wasn't particularly active but still was listed on the board.
- "Nobody likes to make mistakes, but it happens. All you can do is step up to the plate, take responsibility, and get your issues resolved."
- "We took immediate responsibility and resolved both things."
- "We're gonna stay on the issues, he's [Branch] gonna stay on personal attacks."
- Regarding policy as AG: "The driving force for me is going to be 10th amendment issues."