"He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?"
"I will bring honesty and integrity back to the D.A.'s office and seek justice above all else."
Williamson County District Attorney Jana Duty, Campaign Website [emphasis added]
This is outrageous:
- Hash oil is listed as a more serious offense under Texas law that regular pot.
- "A sexual assault or a manslaughter carries a maximum of twenty years, he's looking at much more than that."
- "Linked to the weight of the substance found, including any adulterants or dilutants.
- i.e. The weight of the brownie mix was factored into what he was charged with.
- You can have over 100 grams of pot and it's still a misdemeanor, but over a gram of hash oil and its a felony.
Concerned Citizens can contact Williamson County District Attorney Jana Duty:
It gets better, WillCo D.A. actually ran for office on a platform of protecting citizens against prosecutorial abuse: