“I will punish the world for its evil,
And the wicked for their iniquity;
I will halt the arrogance of the proud,
And will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
Several conservative organizations held a press conference this morning regarding various assaults on conservative speech coming from Barack Obama and Joe Straus:
Video streaming by Ustream
- 1970's -- SCOTUS said no to spending limits.
- Several other cases over the next few decades.
- All sorts of Retaliation after Prop. 8.
- TPPF's amicus brief was cited in the Obamacare Medicaid expansion decision.
- They defended ALEC in a 2012 WSJ op-ed.
- Their donor list was leaked shortly thereafter.
- Their donors were subsequently bullied by state officials.
Michael Quinn Sullivan:
- The Texas Ethics commission has pursued their case with atypical vigor.
- Byron Cook, in his hearing, didn't want to hear from the groups present.
- Commends Perry for SB 346 veto.
- SB 346 and similar efforts completely unconstitutional.
- Marriage supporters have faced retribution.
- Both Political Parties.
- They don't like people paying attention to what they're doing.
- Will continue to inform people about what goes on in the Capitol.
- "Whatever it takes" to defend liberty.
- Conservative groups in Texas are coming together in a way they never have before.
- Fundamentally shifting power
- People in power don't want us looking in.
- Cook yelled at Gio
- We took out 12 RINO's this cycle; we'll take out 10 to 15 next time.