"And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me."
Earlier today, we spoke with Emily Horne from Texas Right to Life about our mutual endorsement of Ken Paxton in the A.G. race. After last week's unpleasantness, we felt obliged to present the positive case for Ken on this topic. Our conversation is below:
Loading the player ...
- Ken Paxton was "a pro-life fighter for over 12 years."
- "He's never walked away."
- He understands the issues in depth in a way other legislators do not.
- He consistently takes the harder stand than other legislators.
- 2013: As a member of the Texas Senate education committee, passed a bill banning abortion providers from teaching sex ed; unfortunately, it was killed later in the process.
- 2011: Banned hospital districts that receive state funding from elective abortions.
- Author's Note: FYI, to Travis County readers, this was a smack-down on Central Health.
- Defunding Planned Parenthood
- Split the defunding language into seven separate amendment, so leadership couldn't kill them all.
- Refused to buckle to leadership when they put the screws on him.