"And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers."
Earlier this month, the Travis County Republican Party held their annual Reagan Day dinner. Former Senator Phil Gramm won this year's Reagan courage award. He was introduced by last year's winner, Senator Ted Cruz:
- "You know, it's amazing how many people in Washington are terrified of what the New York Times says."
- What the media said about Phil Gramm at the time:
- "So abrasive even his friends don't like him."
- "He has an untempered negative attitude towards government."
- "Compared to Gramm, Dick Nixon seemed warm and cuddly."
- "If you are afraid of what the media will say about you, you can't and won't do anything of substance in this world."