"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."
Dallas, TX -- Texas Values, Center for the Preservation of American Ideals, and CWA of Texas are hosting Heritage Foundation’s Ryan T. Anderson for an educational event entitled “What is Marriage?”. With attacks on marriage growing daily and the federal judiciary engaged in a massive state-by-state effort to redefine marriage, it is a critical time to redouble our efforts to boldly stand for marriage in our schools, our churches, and throughout the public square
Ryan T. Anderson is one of the nation’s foremost marriage advocates and is co-author, with Princeton’s Robert P. George and Sherif Girgis, of the acclaimed book “What Is Marriage? Man and Woman: A Defense” (Encounter Books, December 2012). Justice Samuel Alito cited the book twice in his dissenting opinion in the Supreme Court case involving the Defense of Marriage Act.
Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream
- Marriage is a union between one man and one woman.
- Seeing more instances of clashes between "marriage" laws and religious liberty.
- "Marriage Equality" is a vacuous position in a public policy context.
- People on the left refuse to define marriage.
- Why is marriage permanent and exclusive?!?
- Why can't 3 or 4 people have a "marriage"?!?
- Many heterosexuals buy into the post-Sexual Revolution definition of marriage.
- Why would we continue down this road?!?
- Marriage unites heart, mind, and body.
- Marriage designed to raise new human beings.
- We're complete as human beings to do everything except reproduction.
- Genesis 2:24 is a biological statement.
- Why does marriage matter for public policy?!?
- Equipping men and women to raise children in a stable, permanent, relationship.
- All sorts of bad stuff tends to happen when kids grow up out of two parent, heterosexual, households.
- Race is irrelevant to marriage; gender is not.
- Redefinition of marriage makes marriage about the adults instead of the children.
- Historically, no-fault divorce was the real disaster; homosexual "marriage" is the natural consequence.
- What's magical about two partners in a marriage once the male/female component is removed?!?
- Redefining the vice of infidelity with the "virtue" of "monogamish."
- Marriage redefinition gives the force of law to use government against those who disagree.
- Adoption agencies in several states.
- Wedding service providers, et. al.
- NM Supreme Court: "The price of citizenship is that Elaine has to leave her religious convictions aside...."
- Homosexual couple have always been free to have a "marriage" ceremony in a liberal church and get employment benefits from a liberal company; coercion didn't enter the equation until they started forcing others to serve their whims.
- In the early-90's pro-lifers were outnumbered and told to shut up because they were on the wrong side of history. The current generation is the most pro-life in history. The truth has a way of winning out, over time, if those on the side of truth refuse to give up!!!