"The first one to plead his cause seems right,
Until his neighbor comes and examines him."
Texas State Capitol -- Jonathan Saenz of Texas Values spoke about religious liberty and marriage:
- Started to see this local stuff a couple years ago.
- Other side is trying to wear us down.
- "What happens at the local level is really important."
- The case that got him involved in this work is one of the ones that inspired God's Not Dead.
- "Religious freedom is under attack like never before."
- SJR 10 - Religious Liberty Amendment.
- "I'm not sure what we have in statute is enough."
- Constitutional amendment = More protection.
- Beat the old Austin C.C. to defend crisis pregnancy centers.
- But it took two years.
- "The time is now to do something lasting."
- Redefining marriage is a threat to religious liberty.
- Why should we wait another year and a half to address religious liberty?!?