“Am I a God near at hand,” says the Lord,
“And not a God afar off?
Can anyone hide himself in secret places,
So I shall not see him?” says the Lord;
“Do I not fill heaven and earth?” says the Lord.
Texas State Capitol -- Earlier this afternoon, the Texas "Ethics" Commission failed to show up at a hearing they'd scheduled in the Empower Texans case several months ago. After the no-show, Micheal and Joe Nixon (Michael's lawyer) held a media availability with select Texas outlets. Their remarks to us below:
- "We showed up and the Ethics commission isn't here."
- T.E.C. set hearing in early December, then last Monday sent a letter saying they wanted a bunch of documents or they'd cancel the hearing.
- Empower Texans had filed a regular objection 11 months ago.
- T.E.C. never responded to E.T.'s original objection but just cancelled the hearing.
- Nixon: "In my opinion, they simply were not prepared to go forward."
- There's no legal basis for the complaint.
- Maybe reset for April 15th.
- Author's Note: Oh, the irony!!!
- ET can afford to fight this, average citizens cannot.
- Nevada Supreme Court: "Ties go to free speech."