"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
“Whom shall I send,
And who will go for Us?”
Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
Texas State Capitol -- This morning, Governor Abbott spoke to Faith and Family Day; he recounted his victories for religious liberty as Governor (several of which, if we're being honest, we had forgotten about) and spoke about the polices on life and marriage his administration will pursue:
- Will of the people being ignored: "We must respond with typical Texas tenacity."
- Today is the anniversary of the Travis letter.
- "This is an assault we see year after year after year...."
- Recalls religious liberty victories the past few years.
- "The core of strong families begins with marriage and that marriage should be one man and one woman."
- "The constitution gives states the authority to define marriage."
- Pitches school choice.
- "For children to have a better chance in life, they must first have a chance AT life."
- Protecting the unborn will "always" be a priority.