"Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant."
Speaking earlier tonight at Concerned Women for America's Faith and Family dinner, Dan Patrick outlined his strategy for dealing with the Texas House in more detail than we've ever heard previously:
- "I have never seen the presence of God at the Capitol" like this session.
- Our new statewides all "put God first."
- He was active Gov. during the prison riot last weekend.
- Focus on "His will for us, not our will for Him."
- Changed 2/3rds rule.
- Not going to let a budget come to the floor without significant business and property tax relief.
- Once we hit day 60, they're going to bombard the House with conservative legislation.
- "I've never understood this idea of holding our bills till the last 6 or 7 weeks" of session.
- "I want the House" to have plenty of time to pass conservative legislation.