"Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong."
1 Corinthians 16:13
Tres Amigos Restaurant -- Last Sunday, Laura Pressley held a public event to explain the details of her challenge to last December's election "results." There were several strange elements about the results. Pressley's event below:
- Never printed out nightly election results.
- More ballots than voters in every precinct.
- Over 100 votes that shouldn't be there.
- Recount was "really interesting."
- Couldn't print ballots.
- BALLOTS BY MAIL CAME IN AT EXACTLY 240/240.
- Disconnect between mail-in (ie. Paper) and electronic ballots.
- Polling locations were closed.
- Checks and balances that were designed to be there weren't followed.
- State requires a NON-TRAVIS COUNTY JUDGE!!!
- Author's note: Cue happy dance.
Bottom Line: By itself, the fact that the mail-in ballots came out exactly even while there was a 2 to 1 difference in the electronic totals, STINKS. Even if the election stands, this will help clean up Travis County elections in the Future. Kudos to Laura for taking up this fight....