"and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,"
Life, Liberty, and Property coalition held this fifth "First Amendment Tuesday" this morning:
Michael Quinn Sullivan (Empower Texans):
- State of the state today.
- Abbott's transportation plan.
- Significant Tax Relief.
- Constitutional spending limits.
- Whole section on the border.
- Committees will post hearings 5 days in advance.
- Guests in the gallery must maintain decorum.
- Friday is the deadline to file bills if you want them to have a realistic chance of passing.
- Don't buy stuff for state employees.
- Began to discuss amendment process.
- Online registration for or against bills.
- You only get a few minutes to testify, plan in advance.
- Faith and Family day next Tuesday.
- CWA has a dinner Monday night.
- Briefing in Capitol auditorium with Abbott.
- Rally w/ Patrick.
- Legislative Guide is almost ready.
- HB 623 (Bell) -- Would defund rogue county clerks from issuing homosexual "marriage" licenses.
- Current laws don't have teeth.
- Tim Tebow bill designed for rural areas.
- Aycock killed the bill last session.
- Expect bills to sail through Senate.
- Homeschool leagues frequently don't offer access to the same scholarship opportunities.
- Parental Rights Restoration Act
- Amends "Grandparents access statute." re: Single Parents
- Single parents are frequently targeted when there's bad blood.
- The goal is to make them go bankrupt fighting.
- "Family law" groups are primary opposition.
- Last session, parents testified on good bill; lawyers testified on bad bills.
- Abbott endorsed Patrick's position re: DPS on border.
- Straus refused to fund border operations past March last year.