"Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord!"
Michael Quinn Sullivan put the meaning of tomorrow's speaker vote in perspective:
- "You're not supposed to be here right now."
- Our team has won.
- "This is going to the the first time in 40 years there's going to be a vote...about two separate visions of Texas."
- "Whether they do the right thing or not is secondary to the fact that they have to choose."
- The decisions no longer get made in back rooms.
- "I appreciate that when he campaigns he says the right thing, I don't appreciate them doing what lobbyists say when they govern."
- Anyone who votes for Straus is going to own the record of the Texas House.
- "They campaign on our message, it's up to them to deliver."
- "If they vote for the incumbent [speaker], they will put to rest the lie that there's anything different between Washington D.C. and Austin."
- People of Texas expect big things.
- Members of the Texas House have a choice.
- In election after election, conservatives won.