“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men."
- Nobody knew about the vote when it happened, and citizens didn't have time to vet proposition.
- Either by repeal petition or by lawsuit, citizens will be allowed to express their views on this ordinance.
Pastor Sam Fenceroy:
- "How many letters are they going to add to their little group?!?"
- "If we as Pastor's can't preach the whole Bible, we may as well quit."
- "It is better to obey God than men."
Rafael Cruz (yeah baby!):
- "There is an attack on Juedo-Christian beliefs in this country."
- "We have been too passive."
- "It is sad that we have to do something reactive about this ordinance."
- Christians: "Stop sitting in your pews."
- "The progressives want to stamp out Christianity and Judeo-Christian values from this society."
- "We are to be salt and light in this society."
- Proverbs 29:2: "The problem is the people of faith have said politics is a dirty business and washed their hands of it"so the wicked elect the wicked.
- Plano CC intends to silence people of faith in the workplace.
- Sending out petitions to get this in front of the voters.
- "One of the infamous Houston Five."
- "Had no basis in legitimate political need."
- Criminalizes everyday interaction "that wasn't a crime the day before."
- "If this is a legitimate need...let's put it before the people and take a test."
- Ballot box repeal, lawsuit, new city council: "Whatever it takes."
- Ordinance was deliberately passed right before Christmas, when people were least prepared to mount an opposition campaign.
- Wedding vendors have been fined in other venues under similar ordinances.
- Similar bathroom issues as Houston ordinance for private businesses.
- "If you are a non-profit that receives city money...."
- Author's note: This is EXACTLY why non-profits (faith based or otherwise) shouldn't accept money from the government.
- "We're essentially turning business owners into gender police."
- In Houston, they need 17,000 signatures in 30 days and they go 50,000.
- Pastors can ask people to sign petitions from pulpit.
More information and sign the petition (PLANO RESIDENTS ONLY) here.