"The horse is prepared for the day of battle,
But deliverance is of the Lord."
Dan Patrick held a highly informative press conference Thursday:
- Clear, consistent, message during the primaries, runoff, and general.
- Border Security still #1 issue.
- Prerogative of members to write and pass bills.
- Republicans will lead.
- "The people have given us a clear mandate."
- "The people want us to pass a conservative budget that includes significant funding for property tax and business tax cuts and we will accomplish that."
- Limit spending to population and inflation
- Increase DPS presence on the border AND keep National Guard down there.
- School choice for every child in Texas.
- Tuition deregulation has been a failure.
- "The cost of a college education must come down."
- It's time to end the diversions of the gas tax.
- Continue not to fund the Travis County DA.
- Take away authority from Travis County DA.
- "We're not going to cut back on doing what the people want us to do, because they've heard that too much...the parents with the kid who can't afford college, or have a loan that's too big, the people who live in a house and can't afford their property taxes, the businesses that are struggling to create jobs because of the business tax...they're saying "how about us?!?" Well, this is going to be a "how about them" session...."