"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men."
Scott Turner spoke last night in Grand Prairie. Due to technical circumstances, we couldn't attend. His remarks below:
- "I'm just a former dishwasher...."
- "Politics is a big boy game."
- It doesn't take long "to figure out that something isn't right" in Austin.
- "Do we really bring salt and light into our culture today?!?"
- "I love old school, how 'bout you?!?"
- "We talk about border security" but it gets held up by House leadership.
- "We don't have to raise fees and taxes in order to fund transportation, you know transparency in TxDOT, that's a good start."
- Current leadership kills school choice.
- "We've got a $200 billion budget...which doesn't have transparency."
- Move from "strategies" based budgeting to programs based budgeting.
- Personal Note: We've been following the Texas Legislature for YEARS at this point and we still don't understand what 'strategies based budgeting' means...but of course that's the point.
- Repeal Margins Tax.
- "People are tired of backroom deals."
- Lists top 5 priorities at 34:30.
- The medical marijuana people continued trolling.
- Ray Myers: "On the 13th, they're going to have to tell us who they are."